This is my first High Five for Friday post! Woohoo! Basically, Fridays are AWESOME and we should celebrate them every week. So I’m going to look back at my week and share five of my favorite things.
1. Date night Saturday night! David and I went out to a conveyor belt sushi restaurant and savored every moment of the night. During the drive there, we listened to five full songs without any interruptions! We spent over an hour at the restaurant, leisurely eating, chatting, and sometimes even sitting in silence. It was wonderful. (If anyone is curious right about now, we have 2 boys, ages 1 and 3. That should explain a lot.) We had planned on seeing a movie after dinner, but the thought of sitting through a mediocre movie just to spend some more time out of the house didn’t sound that great. We ended up being home and in bed by 10:30 pm! It was kind of crazy, but really really nice.
2. We celebrated Logan’s 3rd birthday on Sunday! It was such a great experience. Of course it was hectic, but I left feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for our wonderful family and friends. Logan had a BLAST and loves all of his gifts. The most rewarding part for me was seeing his realization that we were celebrating him. When we got to the part of the Happy Birthday song where all 30 of us said his name, his eyes got huge and he just lit up. It was really special. (My sister-in-law was kind enough to take most of the pictures, and I don’t have a copy of them yet. I will end up doing a full post about his birthday once I get them.)
3. Golfing with my coworkers. My boss paid for us to take some swings at the driving range. It was about 110 degrees, so I was pretty done pretty quickly. It was still fun though!
4. New coral nail polish. Enough said.
5. Free food ALL day on Thursday. When does that ever happen?? I had a free drink card for my morning Frappuccino at Starbucks. On Thursdays my employer caters breakfast from Einstein Bros Bagels. It also happened to be our month end lunch which my employer also caters. That evening I attended my friend’s Lia Sophia jewelry party and she graciously fed us dinner and snacks. How cool is that? Who doesn’t love some delicious free cinnamon twists??
If you want to join in on the H54F fun, link up with Lauren From My Grey Desk!
XOXO – Bri