All throughout the week I think “Is it Friday yet?” Then normally on Fridays, every few hours I re-remember that it’s Friday and I get so excited. Mondays and Tuesdays I’m convinced it must be Friday, and Friday’s I always forget it’s the weekend! It’s weird how this works. Anyway, here are five of my favorite things from this week!
1. Being monsoon season around here, we have been seeing a lot of gorgeous clouds, sunsets, storms, etc. I captured this gorgeous image on Sunday when we were driving back home from buying Blake bubbles for his birthday. (More images to come on that later). I have been LOVING the rain lately!! We just go out back and sit on our bench on the porch and listen to / watch the rain fall. It is wonderfully peaceful.
2. Isn’t this the cutest? I’ve been trying to implement some Love and Logic parenting lately, to try and help calm down the craziness that is raising two toddler boys. Logan smashed Blake’s head in the door when Blake was trying to play with him in their bedroom, so I explained to Logan that if we do hurtful things to one another, we need to do nice things to make up for it. I gave Logan a few options of things he could do as service for Blake, some of which were letting Blake play with Logan’s favorite toy, reading a book to him, teaching Blake how to do something, etc. He chose to read a book to Blake, and this was the scene I captured. What sweet little boys. Since we often do story time together, I had to explain to Logan a few things that would help make “reading a book to Blake” a little different, such as letting him choose which page to go to, letting him turn the page, and making up / telling the story (since he can’t read yet). It was a really sweet time that they both enjoyed and it helped give me a boost in a positive direction with Love and Logic parenting.
3. I discovered the most delicious Thai food restaurant recently. It is the first time I’ve ever tried Thai food and curry, and I have been there 4 times in the past…week? Wow, haha! But seriously, it is AMAZING. I love spicy food, and apparently I love curry! I can’t believe I’ve missed out on it my whole life. On Wednesday I took my lunch break by myself, sat alone at a table, ate and read. It was such a peaceful hour out of my work day. The food was a firework of flavor, my book was captivating, and I felt like I got a short break from life and could actually breath for a minute.
4. David and I went on a date! We ate at that amazing Thai restaurant (surprise!) and saw The Amazing Spiderman. I LOVED the movie. Emma Stone is one of my favorite actresses, and I just thought it was hilarious and so cute. We also had two free movie tickets so that was a bonus. But my favorite part of the night was spending some one on one time with my favorite man in the world! <3
5. OK OK, I know most of my pictures are either my kids, food / drinks, or me and my kids with food and drinks. But this picture absolutely made my week. It’s not often that I catch Blake with such a cute genuine grin. Lately he’s been doing these crunchy face painful looking grins. This was on the day of his 2nd birthday this week. What a handsome mini man.
Linkety linky with Lauren From My Grey Desk if you do a H54F post too! Have a great weekend!!! XOXO – Bri