This Pumpkin Bars recipe from Paula Dean is absolutely, divinely, melt-in-your-mouth AMAZING. (Of course anything from Paula Dean is because it’s packed full of butter and sugar! Score.) They were extremely moist and so pumpkiny. And oh my gosh, the icing was totally addicting; I was eating it by the spoonful. I dare you to make these pumpkin bars and not eat them all in four days. (No of course I didn’t do that. Why would you think I did that?? That’s crazy…) ANYWAY, the only thing I changed was instead of 2 tsp cinnamon, I used 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tsp pumpkin allspice. See below for the recipe and pictures!
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
- Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
If you guys try this you must let me know if you loved it and if you made any modifications. Happy cooking!
XOXO – Bri